What’s Unleash Learning
Unleash Learning™ is a teaching and learning system that boosts student engagement and creates consistent and effective teaching for every student in every classroom.
Unleash Learning™ –
- Boosts student engagement
- Maximises student learning
- Supports educator effectiveness
- Promotes social inclusive in all classrooms
- Inspires the entire school.
About the Founder
“Learning, when it’s unleashed, can positively impact a person’s life and help our world get better.” – Dr William DeJean
Dr William DeJean has been working for over 25 years in the teaching and learning profession and has helped thousands of teachers, principals and educational leaders unleash learning for all the students they work with.
William began his career as a high school teacher and was named teacher of the year among 26,000 teachers in San Diego County. He has taught at universities in the United States and Australia and is an internationally recognised researcher and a sought after key note speaker, having presented at TEDX Canberra, Young Minds and Happiness and It’s Causes.
William created Unleash Learning ™ because no matter where he went he saw the same challenges taking place and found himself providing educators with the same evidence-based solutions to these problems.
About the Team
The Unleash Learning™ team works throughout Australia and the United States. Our team is made-up of educational experts who provide principals, teachers and schools with the tools to unlock effective teaching for every student in every classroom.
Does this sound just like you?:
• You have a strong desire to work in a purpose driven organisation that is helping to improve the quality of learning and student engagement around the world
• You’re pedantic about making sure events run smoothly and everyone has the best time possible
• You have an enduring focus on getting the details right — you’re not happy until you know something is correct
• You embrace technology with open arms and get excited about learning new systems and ways of doing things
• You love working things out and finding answers to challenges
• You like researching different topics and providing others with an overview and recommendation, even if it’s a topic you’re not familiar with
• You like keeping others organised and you’re happy to sometimes need to think and make decisions on other people’s behalf
• You love interacting with a range of different people and providing the best level of customer service possible
• You do great work autonomously AND as part of a highly collaborative team
• You love checklists (especially when you get to cross things off), and you’re highly organized
• You’re excited about working flexibly – sometimes based in the Unleash Learning Double Bay office and sometimes at home
• You have access to your own mobile technology
Can you say “YES” to any of the items below?…even better!
• You have experience working with teachers or in a teaching environment
• You have experience in working remotely
The Nitty Gritty:
• You’re set up or happy to set yourself up as an independent contractor
• You’re able to work 12 hours per week, typically over 3 days but you are happy to do more or less as and when required (with sufficient notice)
• You’ll need to be available to commence in October 2018 and available for interviews before hand
Come join us at Unleash Learning to help run our office and support our purpose to inspire teachers and engage students in Australia and across the world → CLICK HERE ←for further details.
If you think this sounds like you, please email your CV and cover letter to Julie Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org
"I feel that this has been an invaluable PD program for me and my staff. I have seen so many of the strategies implemented and the discussion around unleashing learning has given me confidence that the program will make a real difference to the students in my school."
Unleash Learning brings out the best in all students utilising practical, effective approaches, drawing on the psychology of learning and the hearts, minds and spirit of what it means to educate.
I would encourage any school that is working on improving student engagement as a means to improving learning to seek Unleash Learning’s support. Their sessions are interesting, engaging and very applicable in the classroom the very next day.