If the move to online learning makes you (or your school) feel like your years of teaching experience is being replaced by Google Classroom, the latest App, or another piece of technology, then don’t miss this special Unleash Learning TV episode..

Did you know that Unleash Learning has its own podcast? We record all our sessions so you can tune in when it suits you.

In it you’ll learn↓

* The MOST important thing to know if your classes are moving online.
* What to focus on that makes learning stick, even in an online environment.
* Why you’ll never be replaced by an App..

Plus, we’re giving something FREE to one of our viewers. Watch to the end for the video to find out more.

We hope this episode keeps you focused, inspired and reassured during this unprecedented time.

With deep respect,
William

__________________________________________________________________________________

A question for you↓

In which ways do you see your teaching as a craft?
 Add your comment below.  We’re going to send one FREE copy of my book out to the best comment.🎉

6 Comments

• Dee Lewis says:

Thank you, I really enjoyed your episode.
    I teach Physical Education to special needs students aged between 5 and 18 across 2 campuses. I see my teaching as a craft as CREATIVITY is a key element of it, as it allows me to be adaptable, flexible, responsive and spontaneous with many of the points you mentioned in your episode such as students, engagement, classroom and seating. In my teaching situation, it can be very unpredictable which definitely requires you to ‘think on your feet’ to provide the best learning environment and outcomes for ALL students sometimes ‘in a split second’, and there’s where the use of creativity is my greatest tool.

• William DeJean says:

Hi Dee – Wow! The word creativity really struck me as I think you’re so right in using that word to describe the craft of teaching. It reminds me of the kinds of real time choices we make based on what is happening moment by moment in our classroom (or online) with our students. Thank you!

• Travis Sandeman says:

Thankyou for sharing, craft in teaching for me is always ASKING GOOD QUESTIONS! This is the crux of students engagement, the test of knowledge. It helps me to discover the skills the students have attained, based off the complexity of the scenario being questioned and the creativity in the students responses.

• Kate Todd says:

Your video was encouraging and it is good to be reminded that teaching remains the same regardless of its context. It still requires us to consider the craft of good teaching: identifying and planning for student needs, establishing routines that will enable students to achieve their best and providing lessons that are planned well.
    For me, good teaching starts with good planning. I like to consider the best ways that will not only engage students but are varied and flexible. There needs to be a continuity of concepts that build on previous lessons. Students also need to recognise their achievement and know that they are learning.
    Taking time to celebrate that with students is also important!

• William DeJean says:

Hi Kate. We’re happy to hear the episode was encouraging for you. Planning is such an important part of our craft and we think it’s an important reminder for all of us during this time. For the folks who’ve worked with us, they know the key of Plan is a key in the Unleash Learning System. I bet they will be applauding your response! Thank you.

• Carleen says:

Meaningful is the centre of my teaching craft. It combines all the elements of engagement. I need to meaningful in my interactions, from delivery of content, to questions, feedback, grouping of individuals, being responsive to needs and down to the placement of classroom furniture. The design of each lesson is designed in a way that is meaningful to the individuals in my classroom, knowing their needs and how to collectively consider each individual’s needs as I deliver learning, differentiating the delivery. Being creative, connected and responsive in a meaningful manner, ensures my students know I am there to teach them and would not want to be anywhere else. Meaningful is at the heart of my classroom pedagogy and I can transfer this into my online classroom.